NedFox: 400+ Garden Centre's, 2000+ Active tills
Since starting in 1994, over 400 garden centres are now using NedFox’s cloud-based ePOS retail solution RetailVista. That adds up to over 2000 tills in operation right now in garden centres and nurseries, as well as other horticultural retailers. We are specialists in working with retailers of all sizes, from independents, small to large chains and buying/marketing groups. Our biggest group being Garden Retail Services in Holland, comprised of 250 independent garden centres which benefit from shared promotions, loyalty, supplier purchases and more; all efficiently managed from our software.
For more tailored information please choose the type of business you are from our boxes below:
400+ Garden Centres !
Low Monthly Fees !
Access from Anywhere
No server investments
Answer to the Question 'Why' do over 400 garden centres use NedFox' ePOS solution 'RetailVista':
- Extensive knowledge of the horticultural trade.
- Approachable, knowledgeable & genuine team.
- Our customers range from Single store to multi-stores, Retail Chains, Shop-in-Shop.
- Outstanding support (multi-language), by telephone, remote support or on location.
- Specialists in converting clients from old, tired an poorly supported ePOS to our future proof RetailVista.
- Training is performed on-site, at NedFox and/or via remote support.
- We are able to deliver turn-key projects if requested. All hardware, software, services, training is performed and supplied by NedFox. In-house and/or on location.
- Because of our extensive project management we are able to handle every project.; be it a completely new project or conversion from another ePOS provider.
- Our software is extremely extensive for use at garden centres. Therefore, the functionality you need at your garden centre is almost certainly available (If it isn't available our great team of programmers should be able to develop it).
- Garden Centre café/tearoom or restaurant ePOS.
- Within 15 minutes of training a cashier is able to operate our RetailVista ePOS till.
- And more...
Europe's first Cloud-Based ePOS – the only Retail solution, and this is why:
A cloud-based ePOS solution gives the garden centre the freedom that a modern business needs to stay ahead of the game.
Instant access from anywhere, full integration with your loyalty scheme, your customers, your social media and your online presence.
- In the cloud, anytime, anywhere
- Interact with your customers more effectively
- Create a much more effective loyalty & reward schemes
- Any type of multi-buy, mix & match or other sales promotions
- Accurate loss, theft and wastage records
- Run single or multiple webshops
- 15 minutes training only for new cashiers
- Reduce your average stock levels
- Comprehensive management statistics
- Flexible, scalable and Future proof
- No on-premise servers, no maintenance, no updates, no back-up's
- Increase customer benefit perception
- Avoid pricing mistakes
RetailVista v.s. NedFox:
RetailVista is the brand-name of NedFox' Cloud Based Retail Platform.
If you wish to read more (technical & functional) about RetailVista visit the www.retailvista.co.uk website.
This site will give technical and functional information about our retail platform (ePOS & ERP).
Fill in our contact form if you would like us to contact you.
Alternatively you can initiate a chat on the right bottom side of the screen if an agent is online.
Modules & Services
Our solutions are for individual garden centres as well as groups.
The items displayed are just a part of our portfolio.
Click on the link below if you would like to read more in depth what NedFox can do for you with our proven solution RetailVista.
The standard Cloud based ePOS benefits such as
Manage your business away from the centre
Incur lower costs
Utilise advanced integration
Get instant upgrades
Minimise the risk
- Merryhatton Garden Centre is East Lothian’s longest established garden centre…Read complete article here
- Reward a random customer and make their day. Enable bonus…Read complete article here
- NedFox have a full page article in the HTA magazine…Read complete article here